Update on: December 12, 2022
Written Ability Test (WAT) in final selection round is an important component of PI round in IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India. While IIM Ahmedabad has named it as Academic Writing Test (AWT), IIM Calcutta and IIM Bangalore have named it as Writing Ability Test (WAT). During the admission 2021 and 2022 WAT component was dropped by many IIMs due to Covid-19 pandemic. However, for admission 2023, WAT has been restored in all IIMs’ selection process.
If you are your preparing for MBA Admissions 2023, it is important to know that apart from MBA Entrance Exam Scores (CAT, MAT, CMAT scores), good MBA colleges also check your General & Business Awareness, how do you express your opinion on various issues. Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interviews are modes by which MBA colleges check your written and communication skills. After all, good managers need to put their views, opinion and take decisions with well worded writing skill. How you write in WAT on international, national, social and business events reflects your writing skill.
IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR and all other prominent MBA colleges conduct Essay Writing tests, on latest current affairs topics, that are similar to WAT Topics. So, by preparing on different WAT topics for MBA, you are in fact preparing for the entire Personal Assessment (PI) Round of all MBA colleges. CAT Toppers now studying at IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta have used MBAUniverse.com solved WAT Topics for final selection round. So, make sure you too benefit from this rich resource.
Latest WAT Topics 2023
Writing Ability Test (WAT) topic in an IIM or other B-school can be based on Business, Economics & Finance, Social, Political, religious, national or international affairs, Sports related news or could be an abstract.
To help you do well in Personal Interview Rounds for IIMs, FMS Delhi, and all Top 100 MBA Colleges, MBAUnivese.com, India’s No 1 Portal, has prepared 100+ Latest WAT Topics 2023 for MBA admission. These Latest WAT Topics for IIMs, listed below, are useful for Bank and other competitive entrance exams as well. You can begin with top 10 WAT topics and then move to top 20 WAT topics and so on. All are WAT hot topics for MBA admission 2023, so read each and every one as shared in the table below. All of them are solved latest WAT topics for MBA admission 2023
Latest WAT Topics for MBA on Business Economy
Latest WAT Topics for IIMs on Current Affairs
Latest WAT Topics for IIMs on Education & Social Affairs
Free Metro Ride for Women
Union Budget of India: What is “Budget” and Key Features of Budget 2023
Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL)
Solved WAT Topics for MBA
Below are shared the important solved WAT topics for MBA to help the candidates to crack the WAT round in final selection process:
- Demonetization in India: Decision is more appreciated than criticized
- GST: Aim to take economy on faster growth path
- "Make in India" Ground realities; India leaps to surpass China
- Rising Population of India could be turned into an asset
- Corruption is the root cause of current economic and social woes in India
- FDI in multi brand retail is a boon or bane
- Ethics and morals cannot be taught in classrooms only
- Net Neutrality: Very Essential to Make India Digital
- Union Budget: Merging the General & Railway Budget has saved exchequer from unnecessary spending
- E-commerce: Unrealistic Discounts are Dangerous
- Aadhar -Utility is more than perceived
- Smart City Project: India’s new urban vision
- Bank Recapitalization: Will it restore faith in Banking Industry?
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will change the orthodox mindset?
- Law should be an instrument of Social Change
- Browsing at Workplace affects productivity
- Social Activism is necessary for survival of democratic society
- RERA should win the trust of home buyers
- Moody’s Rating Upgrade to boost the economy of India
- Globalization and Jingoism always coexist
- General elections will be a watershed for Indian democracy
- India’s 1.2 billion population is an asset for the country
- India has more skilled Human Resource
- Is ASEAN a defunct Group
- Indo-US relations; how much beneficial for India
- How successful would be the Climate Change Summit Paris?
Making changes in their selection process, IIM have increased weightage for WAT from 5-10 percent to 10-15 percent. Almost all the top IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India like IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Bangalore, Lucknow and also the new IIMs offering admission through Common Admission Process (CAP) by conducting single point WAT and PI round have increased the WAT and PI weightage to 35-40 percent.
Unless you have understood how to write in WAT and practiced on probable WAT topics to hone your writing skills, the high scores in CAT written exam may not suffice to take you through the final selection process. WAT is a pen-paper based writing test of 15 to 30 minutes duration conducted for MBA admission by IIMs and other top B-schools to test your writing skills after you are shortlisted for final admission round. Many IIMs have replaced Group Discussion (GD) round by WAT in the final selection process.