SOIL Institute of Management Gurgaon, co-created with 32 Indian and International partner companies like Infosys, ABB, Aditya Birla, Asian Paints, J&J, GSK, L&T, Maruti Suzuki among other prominent Corporates, has opened admission to its flagship One Year MBA (PGPM) 2023 programs. SOIL started its journey 12 years ago and now has a legacy of more than 1000 alumni. The institute is based out of the start-up & innovation hub of India – Gurgaon,
Pioneer in one year MBA like ISB and other one year MBA colleges in India, the SOIL Institute of Management, Gurgaon offers fast track 1 year full time residential programmes PGPM- Business Leadership and PGPM- Human Resources. Major Characteristics at SOIL are Industry Consortium; Mentorship Program; Social Innovation Program; International Faculty and Global curriculum with Focus on Inspired Leadership. Apart from one year PGPM, SOIL also offers AICTE approved 2 year full time PGDM programme at its Manesar campus.
The one year MBA at SOIL is meant for young executives and professionals. SOIL Gurgaon has made key changes in its PGPM admission process 2023 and will also offer direct admission through its own entrance test for the candidates with work experience. Dr Vidya Iyer, Director, SOIL Institute of Management has informed that there will be SOIL STAT Entrance Exam for students with work experience to get direct admission to the SOIL PGPM Programs. Read this exclusive MBAUniverse.com article to be the first to know the key SOIL USPs, Fee, Placements, admission criteria and Key changes in selection process and more.
Table of Contents
In this article we shall cover
- SOIL Key Highlights and USPs
- SOIL One Year MBA Programmes Offered
- SOIL Gurgaon one year PGPM Fees
- SOIL Gurgaon one year PGPM Seats
- SOIL Gurgaon PGPM Placement 2022
- SOIL PGPM Admission Eligibility Criteria 2023
- SOIL PGPM Application Process: How to Apply for SOIL PGPM Admission 2023?
- SOIL 1 Year MBA Admission Dates 2023
- SOIL Admission Process 2023: Key Changes & Step by Step Process
- Tips to Improve Admission Chances at SOIL – Advice from SOIL Director
So, let us start with why you should consider and apply for SOIL Gurgaon PGPM admission 2023 alongwith other top B-schools.
1. SOIL Gurgaon: Key Highlights and USPs
1.1 Co-created by 32 Corporates: SOIL is co-created by a group of 32 Multinational and Indian companies from across industry verticals including Mahindra, Taj Hotels, Grant Thornton, HUL, GSK, Birla Group, Dabur, ABB, ACC, Dr Reddy’s, J&J, L&T, Tata Steel, Birla Group, Maruti Suzuki, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat Petroleum, Asian Paints, SAP, TVS, Schneider among others
1.2 SOIL PGPM Ranking: Ranked 18th by Business World Magazine for Top B Schools for 1 year MBA programs in India, 65th by Business Today for Top MBA Colleges in India
1.3 Top Academicians & CXOs in Governing Board: SOIL has highly accomplished Governing Board comprising Anil Sachdev, Founder & CEO - Grow Talent Company and Founder of SOIL; Dr. Pradip Khandwalla, Former Director IIM Ahmedabad; KK Nohria, Former Chairman, Crompton Greaves; Dr. Swaminathan, Former CEO & MD, Infosys BPO and Former Executive Chairman, Manipal Health Enterprises and other distinguished academicians and corporate heads.
1.4 Diverse Academic Advisory Board with Industry Connect: To facilitate students to learn and self-discover themselves, and to make them capable of handling challenging situations SOIL Academic Advisory council not only comprises top academicians but also has top industrialists and corporate heads on board. Some of the members include Analjit Singh, Chairman, Max India; Dr. Karl Erik Sveiby, Author and Global Expert, Knowledge Management; Dr Vijay Kelkar, Ex. Chairman Finance Commission, Government of India; Prasad Kaipa, Executive Director, CLIC, ISB Founder, Kaipa Group; Shashank Vira, MD, Synergy Corporate Advisors; Shyam Viswanathan, Former Dean Executive Education, ISB; Dr. Tom Keelin, Founder, SDG | Adjunct, Stanford University; K Balasubramaniam, Member Holding Group, GMR; Suresh Shetty, Ex CFO, Hero Honda | Director, Enam Securities
1.5 Strong SOIL Placements 2022: SOIL has recorded average salary of Rs.11 LPA and highest salary of Rs.19 LPA in PGPM Placements 2022
1.6 Top Recruiters: 43 companies participated in placement process at SOIL Gurgaon. Some of the top recruiters include Mphasis Ltd., Byjus, Cognizant, Accenture, TresVista, Tata Communications, Newgen, Genpact, Michle Page, Virtusa Consulting, HONO.AI, Tech Mahindra, NIIT, Infosys, Desmania, Zing HR, Simplotel, DRAUP, IDG, Schneider Electric among others
1.7 International Immersion: SOIL has partnered with global business schools with a specific focus on design thinking, technology, innovation, sustainability and research. Some of the partner institutions for international exchange are MIP Milano, Italy; Shizenkan, Tokyo Japan; UNB Canada; JBS Johannesburg, Africa among others
1.8 Industry Relevant Curriculum & Pedagogic Approach: SOIL PGPM Program curriculum is designed to prepare ‘mangers of future’ who can solve cross-functional and multidimensional problems of the corporate world. SOIL unique curriculum integrates management disciplines with liberal Arts and Design thinking. Sharing about the consistent updation in curriculum, Dr Vidya Iyer said, “We have made changes in our curriculum design that is developmental, personalized, and evolving; pedagogy that is student-centered, inquiry-based, authentic, and purposeful. Blended learning is the new norm, which has also been envisaged in our Curriculum” and has added, “SOIL has only invested a large amount of capital into an online LMS system for students and faculty to adapt to.”
SOIL curriculum includes case studies and simulation as well as experiential learning modules. The curriculum focuses not just on “knowing” or “doing”, but more on “being”. Learning outside the classroom through leadership events, clubs, competitions, rituals, celebrations, is given equal importance. The evaluation system is more a learning and developmental tool. The curriculum and pedagogy is as per emerging trends and requirements of industry & global landscape with the flexibility to quickly redesign it to respond to these needs to improve the employability skills.
2. SOIL Gurgaon One Year MBA Programmes Offered
SOIL offers fast track one year full time PGPM programs. The 1 year PGPM programmes offered and specializations at SOIL are shared below:
- 1 Year Full Time PGPM-Business Leadership (PGPM-BL)
- 1 Year Full Time PGPM-Human Resources (PGPM-HR)
2.1 SOIL 1 Year MBA Specializations
SOIL offers specializations in Data Analytics, Marketing, Finance and HR. The transformational one year MBA programs at SOIL are second to none for accelerated career growth.
3. SOIL Gurgaon one year PGPM Fees
SOIL 1 year PGPM Fees for each program is detailed below:
1 Year Full Time PGPM Programme
SOIL PGPM Fees
4. SOIL Gurgaon one year PGPM Seats
1 Year Full Time PGPM Programme
SOIL PGPM Seats
5. SOIL Gurgaon PGPM Placements 2022
SOIL Gurgaon one year MBA programme has a consistent record of high placements. The PGPM programmes at SOIL attract large number of recruiters. SOIL PGPM placements 2022 for PGPM- BL and PGPM-HR have recorded strong placements as detailed below.
5.1 SOIL PGPM-BL Placements 2022: Key Highlights
- Average Salary: Rs.11 LPA
- Highest Salary: Rs.19 LPA
- Batch Size: 49 Students
- No. of Students participated in Placements: 49
- Total Recruiters: 43
- Top Recruiters: Mphasis Ltd., Byjus, Cognizant, Accenture, TresVista, Tata Communications, Newgen, Genpact, Michle Page, Virtusa Consulting, HONO.AI, Tech Mahindra, NIIT, Infosys, Desmania, Zing HR, Simplotel, DRAUP, IDG, Schneider Electric
- Roles & Profiles Offered: Team Lead, Account Leader, APM, Associate Consultant, Associate, CFO Office Services Department , Business Analyst, B-B Consultant, Bda manager, Business Development Analyst, COE - Marketing , Corporate Sales, Domestic Sales, Global Sales , Insurance Transaction , Jr. Account manager Sales, Key Accounts Manager, Marketing Manager, MT- Sales, MT-CONSULTING, MT-ORDR MANAGEMENT, Product Design, Senior Business Analyst, Senior Business Development Analyst, Senior Technical Operations Specialist, SSE,
5.2 SOIL PGPM-HR Placements 2022: Key Highlights
- Average Salary: 10.7 LPA
- Highest Salary: 15.6 LPA
- Batch Size: 35 Students
- No. of Students participated in Placements: 35
- Total Recruiters: 41
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Deloitte, Tata Communications, Mahindra Swaraj, Kotak Securities, ABC Consultants, Kognoz Consulting, REA India (Housing.com), Genpact , Anand Group , Newgen, Zing HR, Tech Mahindra , BirlaSoft, Dalmia Bharat, Firstsource, Rate Gain, Turing , OPT OUT, Mahindra AFS , STOA School , Agrostar
- Roles & Profiles Offered: Team Lead, APM - HR, Assistant Manager- Corporate/ Business HR, Associate consultant, HR, HR - Recruitment, HR Business Partner, Management Trainee - ER , Management Trainee - HR , OPT OUT, Plant - HR , Product Consultant, Search associate, SSE, TABP, Talent Acquisition, TAM , Trainee
6. SOIL PGPM Admission Eligibility Criteria 2023
SOIL Gurgaon 1 year MBA eligibility criteria for admission to PGPM-BL and PGPM-HR 2023 is as under:
6.1 SOIL One Year MBA Eligibility for PGPM-BL Admission 2023
SOIL’s PGPM-BL is AMBA Accredited and offers specialization in Data Analytics, Finance, Marketing. The eligibility criteria for admission are:
- 60% Minimum Marks in class 10 and 12
- 50% Minimum Marks in bachelor’s degree
- Work experience of minimum 2 years after graduation
- Register and appear in one of the national level exams like CAT 2022, XAT 2023, GMAT, NMAT 2022 among others.
- Appear in SOIL STAT (SOIL Talent Appreciation Test)
6.2 SOIL One Year MBA Eligibility for PGPM-HR Admission 2023
- 60% Minimum Marks in class 10 and 12
- 50% Minimum Marks in bachelor’s degree
- Freshers are eligible for admission. Work Experience not mandatory but preferred
- Should register and appear in one of the national level exams like CAT 2022, XAT 2023, GMAT, NMAT 2022 among others. Exam scores are Non-Mandatory but adds weightage to your profile
- Those with work experience can use direct admission opportunity with SOIL STAT exam
7. SOIL PGPM Application Process: How to Apply for SOIL PGPM Admission 2023?
- Send your updated resume to admission mail ID of SOIL Gurgaon, with the subject “Profile Evaluation”
- Fill the Online Application form.
- Create an account by filling in the details. You will receive a unique account ID and password. Using it re-login into your account and complete the registration process.
- Enter all the details; academic, personal, work experience related.
- Enter the following details in your application form in a mandatory preference;
- Contact details of two recommenders, one related to your professional background.
- Write three essays, in the given fields in the application form.
- Opt for preferential dates for STAT (Soil Talent Appreciation Test) and interview to attend.
- Enter the CAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT registration details and upload the score card (if applicable).
- Upload scanned photograph.
- Pay the application fee online. The application fee for the PGPM program is INR 2000.
- Submit the application form.
- Print the application form and acknowledgment slip for future correspondence.
8. SOIL 1 Year MBA Admission Dates 2023
SOIL application process for admission 2023 has three rounds. However, due to limited number of seats, SOIL encourages applicants to apply in early rounds. The important SOIL 1 Year PGPM admission dates are as below
SOIL PGPM Admission 2023 Activity
Round-1: Last Date to Apply
October 29, 2022
Round-2: Last Date to Apply
To be Announced
Round-3: Last Date to Apply
To be Announced
9. SOIL Admission Process 2023: Key Changes & Step by Step Process
SOIL one year MBA Admission 2023 Step by Step Process is given below:
- Step-1: Application submission & Eligible Entrance Exams
- Step-2: Shortlisting & Final Selection
- Step-3: Merit List Generation
Let us understand in detail each step of admission process
Step-1: Apply for SOIL Admission & Appear in Entrance exam
Following are the key components of SOIL application and acceptable entrance exams
1.1 Apply for SOIL Admission 2023
- You first need to apply for SOIL PGPM Admission online
- SOIL has 3 application rounds starting in October but would encourage all students to apply early as space in the class may be limited by the third round
1.2 Appear in Entrance Exam
- SOIL will accept CAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT, MAT or other entrance exams for admission 2023
1.3 Direct Admission Opportunity with SOIL STAT Exam
For the students with work experience SOIL gives the direct admission opportunity to PGPM 2023 with the SOIL STAT Entrance Exam
1.4 Key Components SOIL STAT Exam
- SOIL STAT Entrance is mandatory exam for direct admission in PGPM programs for students with work experience
- The STAT Exam is a 75-minute online test
- The Exam tests for the applicant’s ability in quantitative techniques, data interpretation, analytical reasoning and emotional psychometric tools to provide the real strengths of all career aspirants
- All students successfully completing the STAT entrance exam are guaranteed early admissions to the SOIL PGPM Program even before results of CAT/XAT/GMAT / NMAT are released
Step-2: Shortlisting & Final Selection Criteria
SOIL emphasises more on the applicant’s profile than on entrance exam scores and academics only. According to Dr Iyer, “We understand that the traditional method of selecting students based on academic & test scores does not give a clear view of the overall achievements.”
Following are the key shortlisting and final selection parameters for SOIL PGPM admission 2023
2.1 Student Selection Evaluation parameter & Qualities
2.1.1 SOIL focuses on a Profile-based admission process and not an exam based one.
The following parameters are used to evaluate students in the selection process
- Capacity to Think
- Capacity to Learn
- Capacity for Action
- Capacity to Relate
- Capacity to Communicate
2.1.2 All applications are reviewed by the selection committee, consisting of faculty and executive members of the program.
Step-3: Merit List Generation Based on ‘Talent Appreciation’
- Talent Appreciation at SOIL is a part of Unique Admission Process.
- Since your profile, talent and interests count more, the SOIL one Year MBA Admission criteria 2023 would not ask for a very high score in the MBA entrance exam
- If you qualify on SOIL one year MBA eligibility criteria and have the 5 C’s as above, you may get the PGPM admission offer from SOIL
10. Tips to Improve Admission Chances at SOIL: Advice from SOIL Director
Dr. Vidya Iyer, Director, SOIL Institute of Management has shared with MBAUniverse.com a few tips, do’s and don’ts to improve admission chances at SOIL Gurgaon
- SOIL admissions process tries to identify the real strengths of a student. So being yourself is the biggest advantage when you attend the interview process with SOIL
- Submit a good application and strong essays to increase your chances of getting shortlisted.
- Ensure properly worded essays showcasing your reasons to pursue PG programs at SOIL. This turns out to be deal breaker for many students.
- SOIL also asks for a career goal map – Students are advised to put in time and draw out their life goals and showcase their seriousness to do an MBA at SOIL
- Strong focus or examples on Leadership and Social Change would be of added advantage
- General Business awareness and career goals would also be beneficial
SOIL has introduced new courses on Sustainability, Digital Transformation, Web and Social Media Analytics with more focus on mental well being of students. SOIL PGPM admission 2024 is expected to follow same process as this year. Students in their second year or third year of bachelor’s degree can apply for SOIL PGPM Admission 2024 through any of the MBA entrance exams. However, the candidates with work experience will be preferred.
SOIL provides a solid grounding in the major business disciplines and core business skills with a strong focus on practice, experience and industry based learning projects. The institute has 40% female ratio in class rooms. The learning methodology at SOIL inculcates inspired-thinking and consequently inspired-actions in the business leaders of the future and as a result 1000 Alumni from its full time programme are working all over the world. If you qualify on the SOIL one year MBA eligibility criteria, it is a good opportunity to pursue your one year MBA at SOIL Gurgaon, one of the best one year MBA colleges.
We hope you found this article on SOIL PGPM Admission 2023 helpful while looking for admission and deciding on one of the best B-schools. As SOIL will give weightage to your overall profile in shortlisting for interview, the candidates with a moderate entrance exam score but very good profile stand a good chance. Application process for SOIL PGPM Admission 2023 is open. Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL) Gurgaon