IBSAT 2023 exam covers all the important topics on Verbal Ability, RC, Quant and Data Interpretation but still has a moderate difficulty level. Accordingly, IBSAT Preparation 2023 requires a smart strategy instead of investing long preparation hours with fruitless result.
In fact, IBSAT exam preparation 2023 is not difficult. Comparatively an easy exam, IBSAT 2023 preparation is based on your good understanding of English Language, Grammar, Vocabulary, Usage, Composition (RC Passage solving skills), good practice on Mathematics especially Arithmetic and Data Interpretation skills. The IBSAT preparation 2023 can be done easily with other exams and if you are a working professional, you do not need to apply for long leave for IBSAT 2023 Preparation.
IBSAT 2023 Registration Open: Register Now
IBSAT 2023 is an online computer based test leading to MBA admission in 9 campuses of ICFAI Business Schools in India. ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT) 2023 likely exam dates are December 23 & 24, 2023. Application process for IBSAT 2023 starts in July first week and the IBSAT preparation 2023 should also be started simultaneously. ICFAI Hyderabad, one of the prestigious B-schools in India accepts IBSAT exam score for admission. There are other eight ICFAI B-schools that accept IBSAT exam score for admission across the country.
IBSAT 2023 Preparation: Need to Synchronise with Other Exams
IBSAT 2023 is an important online computer based MBA entrance test conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a deemed to be University). It is the gateway to MBA/PGPM 2024-26 at 9 campuses of ICFAI Business School (IBS). IBSAT 2023 exam has a test duration of 2 hours. Most of the national level MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, IIFT, SNAP, NMAT are conducted around this time and this will help you for IBSAT 2023 preparation without any extra effort. So, your IBSAT 2023 preparation needs to be synchronized with other MBA exams.
IBSAT Preparation 2023 for Moderate Difficulty Level Exam
IBSAT is not a very difficult exam. The IBSAT difficulty level is from easy to moderate. According to experts and past IBSAT toppers, the IBSAT preparation 2023 does not require you to burn midnight oil, instead make a good IBSAT MBA preparation plan with flexible study hours and right IBSAT Exam Preparation Books with other IBSAT Preparation Material. Besides, it is also good idea to go for IBSAT Preparation Online while preparing offline with IBSAT Exam Preparation Books and right IBSAT Preparation Material from top IBSAT coaching institutes
IBSAT Exam Preparation 2023: Important Details
Rated as moderate difficulty level MBA entrance exam, important details about the IBSAT exam preparation and other details are:
IBSAT Exam Conducting Body
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a deemed to be University)
IBSAT 2023 Exam Dates
December 23 & 24
Number of MBA colleges under IBSAT 2023
Mode of IBSAT 2023 exam
Online computer based test of 2 hours duration
IBSAT 2023 Exam Application Fee
IBSAT Full Form
ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test
Total Questions in IBSAT Exam
No. of Sections for IBSAT MBA Preparation 2023
4 Sections on VA, RC, QA, DADI
Number of questions in Each Section for IBSAT exam preparation 2023
VA-50; RC-30; QA-30; DA&DI-30
IBSAT MBA Preparation: Type of Questions to prepare
Scoring Pattern to remember in IBSAT 2023 Preparation
+1 Mark for Correct answer, No negative marking
IBSAT Exam Preparation 2023 as per Difficulty Level
Easy to Moderate
Importance of IBSAT exam 2023 preparation
Offers Admission opportunity in 9 ICFAI B-schools
IBSAT application process
Available Online & Offline
Is IBSAT Preparation Online possible?
Yes, Most Coaching centres provide IBSAT preparation online. ICFAI University also offers IBSAT preparation online through its mock test, and IBSAT preparation online material
IBSAT Exam Preparation Books
Best IBSAT exam preparation Books are
1. How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
2. How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ - by Arun Sharma
3. How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma
Read details below
IBSAT 2023: Exam Pattern
IBSAT 2023 exam is divided into four sections - Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation. Section-wise split of questions is as under:
IBSAT 2023: Exam Pattern
IBSAT Exam Component
Number of Questions
Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
IBSAT 2023 Preparation: Important Points for Test Takers
The online computer based exam Pattern will require you to prepare keeping in mind the following points for IBSAT Preparation 2023:
- Exam Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of Answer Options: 4
- Section Split: Only Exam with Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension as separate two sections
- Maximum Weightage Section: Verbal Ability with 50 MCQs, all others have 30 MCQs each
- Negative Marking: No
- Sectional Time Limit: No Sectional Time Limit. You can switch from one section to other within overall time limit of 2 hours
- Scoring Pattern: +1 Mark for each correct answer and no marks for un attempted question or wrong answer
- IBSATCut off for IBS Hyderabad: 73-75 Out of 140 Marks
IBSAT Preparation 2023: Sections & Sub Sections
IBSAT Exam preparation 2023 is further subdivided. This sectional sub-division in IBSAT 2023 preparation makes IBSAT 2023 as an exam with 5 effective sections. You need to plan strategy for each section in IBSAT 2023 Preparation
- Section-1 of IBSAT Preparation 2023 on Verbal Ability with maximum number of 50 questions, requires you to prepare for all important parts of English Language – Grammar, Sentence formation, vocabulary usage, idioms, phrases, one word substitution, jumbled paragraphs among others
- Section-2 of IBSAT Preparation 2023 on Reading Comprehension with 30 questions based on RC passages is not very difficult. RC passages are of moderate difficulty level and RC based questions are directly related to the information contained in the passage and can be attempted fairly well.
- Section-3 of IBSAT 2023 Preparation on Quantitative Ability in IBSAT 2023 exam pattern requires you to prepare on all the topics as this section consists of questions to test your Mathematical Skills. It is very wide and covers each and every topic in Mathematics with greater emphasis on Arithmetic. However, the section is of moderate difficulty level.
- Section-4 of IBSAT 2023 Preparation in IBSAT 2023 exam pattern requires you to prepare on Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation. It has two types of questions – the first type is on Data Interpretation comprising Data Analysis, Data comparison, Data Trends and other type of questions are on Data sufficiency.
IBSAT Preparation 2023: Tips
IBSAT preparation 2023 tips on how to prepare for IBSAT exam are focused on following points to guide you how you should complete your IBSAT 2023 exam preparation:
- Before starting your IBSAT preparation 2023, go through the IBSAT exam pattern
- Read thoroughly the IBSAT syllabus before planning your IBSAT exam 2023 preparation
- Pick out your strong and weak areas in all the sections while checking the IBSAT preparation topics
- Gather the best IBSAT exam preparation books and IBSAT preparation material for IBSAT exam 2023 preparation
- Improve on your weak areas and monitor the improvement regularly in IBSAT Exam 2023 Preparation
- Take as many IBSAT Mocks during your IBSAT MBA preparation and do the analysis of each Mock.
- Without analysis of Mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful in IBSAT exam 2023 preparation.
- If you are weak in Verbal or RC, reading different articles and novels, conversing in English with friends and even watching English TV series and movies will be helpful in IBSAT exam 2023 preparation.
- Write down whatever new words you encounter after reading at least 5-6 newspaper articles every day for VARC section in IBSAT exam 2023 preparation
- Data Interpretation (DI) is considered a bit more time consuming. Start practicing on DI questions in IBSAT exam 2022 preparation. Use approximation techniques for quick calculations.
IBSAT Preparation Books 2023
IBSAT exam preparation books and IBSAT preparation material play a major role in helping you in IBSAT exam preparation and score high in the IBSAT exam. A few of the best books for IBSAT preparation, recommended by toppers are:
IBSAT Preparation Books for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha
- Latest RC Passages and practice questions provided by Study centres like TIME, CL among others
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ – by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- There is also number of preparation books PDF free download available online for IBSAT aspirants
- Use the study material of best online coaching for IBSAT
IBSAT Preparation Books for Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
- ‘How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘Logical Reasoning and data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
IBSAT Preparation Books for Quantitative Ability section
Following books and study material have remained a good IBSAT preparation tool for Quant for past many years:
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson
- ‘The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams’ Quant study modules by TIME, CL, IMS.
Take Mock Tests: Check your IBSAT 2023 Preparation
You now have to check your current level of IBSAT exam preparation 2023 by taking Previous Year Papers / Mock Test. Unless you know which are your weak areas that need your more attention and which are your strong areas where you need to prepare less for IBSAT exam, it is difficult to start your IBSAT preparation 2023 and devise your preparation strategy.
To check your current level of IBSAT exam preparation, taking IBSAT Mock Tests sectional as well as full length can help you to identify your weak area. After that, you will be able to focus more on your weak areas in IBSAT exam preparation 2023. Apart from the IBSAT Mock tests prepared by MBAUniverse.com experts and many others available online free, the ICFAI foundation also releases official IBSAT Mock tests in the month of August every year. You should attempt these Mock Tests without fail to boost your preparation level.
How to answer IBSAT questions?
- You have to choose the correct answer option out of the multiple choices given below the question on the computer screen
- Click and Mark the correct answer option, save and proceed for next question
- Time duration to complete the IBSAT exam as per the IBSAT pattern 2023 is 2 hours
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark
- No penalty for Wrong answer
No GK in IBSAT Preparation 2023
Unlike many other MBA entrance exams, like CMAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, there is no GK section in IBSAT 2023 exam. You need not go to prepare GK for IBSAT exam preparation, although GK is an important part to clear the final selection round of top MBA colleges under IBSAT.